Sri Lanka is calling!
Book your kitesurfing holidays now at De Silva Kite school!
SRI LANKA IS CALLING
Sri Lanka, known as the Pearl of the Indian Ocean, has been through quite a lot in recent years. Who would have thought in 2019 that the “Easter Attacks” would be just the beginning of a whole series of insurmountable stones? The Covid pandemic and all the restrictions that come with it should also be just a hint of the economic crisis that will follow.
Today, the people of Sri Lanka are facing one of the greatest challenges in their economic history. Gas and oil are in short supply. As a result, a “normal” life is hardly possible any more. Enormous restrictions result for the population. Hot food can no longer be cooked every day, unless one has the possibility to make a fire or an electric cooker. It is also no longer possible to travel around or to reach one’s place of work by car or public transport as it was only a short time ago.
Fortunately, the land is fertile. Enough to survive!
But that cannot be it.
That is why we are launching an appeal – Sri Lanka is calling!
One-off donations may help in the short term, but they are often unsustainable in the long term. If you want to support the economy in Sri Lanka, book your holiday now for this summer season or the coming winter season. Your booking will contribute massively to the economy in Kalpitiya and many other places in Sri Lanka.
– De Silva employs people from all over Sri Lanka and enable their families to earn a living under fair conditions.
– The food we serve is bought locally and comes from a healthy ecosystem. That’s why our food tastes so good 😉
– Transfers from/to the airport, day trips, boat surfing trips and much more are organised in cooperation with “one-man businesses” from the region!
– De Silva has been plastic-free for more than 5 years – sustainability and waste reduction are at the top of our agenda!
– The North Kitecenter offers the latest kites from North for lessons, rental and purchase. Learn kitesurfing according to the internationally recognised VDWS teaching methods on the safe Kalpitiya Big Lagoon and get your basic licence!
– Try out the new trend sport wing surfing or wing foiling with us!
– Learn windsurfing with Sri Lanka’s multiple windsurfing national champion Upul De Silva and his team!
Welcome to Sri Lanka! The journey to paradise is possible again without any stops! Come to Kalpitiya for kitesurfing, windsurfing, wing-foiling or just to relax and enjoy the diverse offer of De Silva 🙂
Stay at 2** De Silva PALM RESORT! with nice air conditioned rooms and the largest swimming pool of the region, or
overnight at DE SILVA Windresort - in our Surfer-Style rooms - with the enclosed water sport center and the North kitesurfing school!
There is no quarantine period for not-vaccinated / not-fully vaccinated travellers.
Those only have to obtain a negative PCR test report within 72 hours or Rapid Antigen Test report (self-swabs are disallowed) within 48 hours prior to embarkation. (Children below 12 years are exempted).
- no quarantine
- arrive and go kitesurfing/windsurfing at the BIG Kalpitiya Lagoon
- discover with us the best downwinders of Kalpitiya region
- jump into the ocean, next to the lagoon